From the architecture point of view this adds just two more boxes.
But don’t be fooled. These two boxes have a quite different construction from the second decoder. The other decoder boxes that are still missing will rely on the same inner workings. All of them will utilize a hamming metric based approach.
The software part of the project is getting closer to its final stage:
- Exponential filtering of the signal
- Phase locked loop / optimal filter for 1Hz phase reconstruction
- Reconstruction of the seconds
- Hamming metric based reconstruction of the data
- Dealing with signal loss
Finally my clock can decode the current time . So next month I can take care of the date 😉
With regard to the antenna hardware I finished reading the books:
Since this created a desire for more I started to read this one as well:
My summary so far:
- The best amplifier is a better antenna.
- Bigger is better.
- There is more to learn about antennas than you might expect.